Q. How much will it cost to hire a skip?
The price of hiring a skip is dependent upon several key factors including:
- The size of skip you require,
- The delivery location,
- Whether the skip is being placed on or off the public highway/verge.
Q. How can I pay for the skip?
You may either pay cash to the driver upon delivery of the skip, or alternatively we accept payment by major credit and debit cards over the telephone prior to delivery.
Q. When will you deliver my skip?
Our drivers work Monday – Friday 7:00am to 5:00pm and Saturdays 7:00am to 1:00pm. We can generally deliver your skip within 2 working days of your order.
Q. What size skips do you supply?
We can provide the following size chain-lift skips for both domestic and commercial hire:
- 2 cubic yard mini
- 3.5 cubic yard midi
- 8 cubic yard maxi/builders
Q. How long can I keep the skip for?
Skips may be hired for a period of 1-7 days. If you would like to keep the skip for over 7 days, a weekly hire charge may be applied.
Upon request, we are also able to provide a “wait ‘n’ load” service in the local area.
Q. What can I put in the skip?
We will accept most waste types except asbestos, tyres, gas bottles, liquid paint, engine oil, fridges and freezers.
We ask you to please ensure skips are level-loaded only.
Q. What geographical areas do you cover for skip hire deliveries?
We are able to deliver skips to most areas of East, South and North Leeds. Further details are available on our online booking form or please call 0113 249 3950 if you require assistance.
Q. Where can I put the skip?
Our specialist skilled drivers will use their own expert discretion to advise you where the skip may be safely and conveniently positioned.
We will endeavour to try our best to accommodate your own individual requirements, however we ask you to bear in mind the following considerations:
- Any skips that are positioned on the public highway or verge require a licence. As part of our service to you, we will ensure a licence is applied for from the relevant Local Authority. Please note we need at least 24 hour’s notice to obtain this and there is an additional charge for this
- Our skip delivery vehicles typically require minimum access dimensions of 10 feet in width. Please also note any overhead obstructions including trees, telephone cables etc.
- We try to avoid bringing our skip wagons onto driveways as the weight of the wagon and a full skip can cause damage to drive surfaces, manhole covers etc. As a rule, the wagon will reverse up to the entrance to the driveway and drop the skip down on the driveway using the hydraulic arms.
Q. How do I get my skip collected?
As soon as you have finished with your skip, please call us on 0113 249 3950 to arrange for it to be collected. We ask you to please ensure skips are level-loaded only
Upon request, we are also able to provide a same-day-collection service.
Q. Why choose Skelton Ltd?
- Established for over 35 years
- Competitive prices!
- Friendly, reliable service
- High % recycling rate and reduction of waste to landfill so helping the environment
- Waste Transfer Station and tipping facility